Friday, December 31, 2010

31st December. Adieu 2010!


Exactly a year ago, I was at Level 36, The Emerald Co tower, waiting for my turn to be assessed during the structured interview with the Company. The session was quite hard and I thought I was bluffing all the way and I know the panelists know I was bluffing them :-) Alhamdulillah, 3 weeks after that, I got a call from The Co. and I got accepted to join The Emerald Co.

But it didn't turn out to be a smooth sailing all the way. The offer for employment was put under 'conditional' term after the blood test result shows that my cholesterol level is way high, even the doctor said, "You could just one day collapse and die..." Dieting regime starts right away while exercising continues after I ran my first open running contest in Putrajaya, a 7.7km race.

Finally, I got accepted to join The Emerald Co. after I lowered down the cholesterol level to a level which my cardiologist said, "Amazing! What did you do?" Then, the agony of waiting for the offer letter starts. At the other end in Smokey Grey, I've tendered my resignation. It was a very nervous moment when I could only see the 'revised' offer letter 2 days before my last day in Smokey Grey.

It was sad to leave Smokey Grey especially the 'thinkers' team. We were very good as a team. The boss was great. While we hear lots of hanky pankies and gossips with other teams, our team just rock! delivering what is expected by the company while keeping harmony checks. Started the second half of the year with a new workplace and am still there, just been ok-ed for the confirmation of employment :-D

Apart from that, everything went, I could say, in great ways. My health was in the best condition except for one or two times I had fever, that severe hiccups due to allergy to medication and of course the minor foot injuries I'm recuperating now. The recent check-up on my heart functions shows what my cardiologist describes as, "Your heart works extremely well..." Alhamdulillah.

I'm still doing pretty fine in running. Completed 14 races that include 4 half marathon races, and another 3 non-competitive/charity walk/run events. I have also volunteered in a couple of events. You can read all those here. While I can't run for now, I've been taking up swimming classes. By 5th class, I could already swim breaststroke and freestyle the whole pool-length and now will go into butterfly stroke.

Another milestone in life - I've registered for my Masters classes. Will start my first semester next Wednesday. This has been long due and about right time for me to do it but I'm sure it ain't easy peasy.

I think that's pretty much sums up my year. And now I'm at the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, taking time off, away from the hustle bustle of city, resetting my mind and body in anticipation of a hectic, busy and hopeful a greater year in 2011.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails