Monday, January 25, 2010

18th to 24th


Last week ended with a sad sad news for all citizens, in particular the rakyat of Johor with the passing of Sultan Johor, Almarhum Sultan Iskandar at 77 years of age on Friday, 7.08pm. The news of the Sultan's death has been circulated around the internet since Friday morning but only officially confirmed by the MB Office at around 11.30pm that night. The mourning period of 7 days began on Saturday and I had to go around places to find the 2-inch white band to fix to my songkok.

Sultan Iskandar ruled Johor for 29 years and was the 8th Agong between 1984-1989. One of the most unforgettable moments when he was the King is during the National Day parade when he stopped a big bike motorcade and rode on one of them. And just before the burial of Almarhum Sultan Iskandar, a new Sultan was installed - Sultan Ibrahim Ismail, who is 51 years old.

May Allah bless the soul of Almarhum Sultan Iskandar.

Earlier last week, I received an email from yet another person from the Emerald company saying that I have been successful with the interviews and is placed among the potential candidates and they will contact me for placement if there's any vacancy based on my qualification and experience. The email also mentioned thath if I don't hear anything from them within 6 months, I should consider the application is unsuccessful.

I don't know if this is a standard reply to all who attended their interview or they really consider me for any job there. But I'll just wait, if there's good news I'd be happy and if there isn't, it's not the end of the world. I also heard rumors that this year's bonus payout for my company is going to be more than last year. I'd be more than happy even if they pay the same quantum as last year's.

Apart from that, I attended two weddings on the weekend. One in Felda Nitar near Mersing and one in JB itself. I haven't been to Mersing for many many years! I guess the last time I was in Mersing was in 1999. From the days they don't have KFC until what I saw last weekend. Wow! They've been progressed a lot!! And until today, I still believe Mersing is the first town in Malaysia to have that ala-Hollywood signage planted on top of a hill!

My running - it wasn't a productive week. I only had two workouts at the gym. On Monday I only did 4.85km but better that on Wednesday with 7.64km. With all the muttons and briyani on Saturday, it was so painful for my Sunday morning run with only 3km. Damn! and in the afternoon I only managed around 4.2km. Need to bulk up with less than 2 weeks before the run.

That's all bout last week. Til then!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails