Thursday, January 18, 2007

A as in Amphetamine, B as in Beryllium...

I always find it difficult and troublesome when someone asks me to spell out my name. Given my long (11-alphabet) and weird firstname, I always have to think for words that starts with alphabets of equal to my name. And it's always come out like A for Apple, Z for Zebra, R for Russia...

Anyway, for easy reference this is how the army coded the alphabets...
A - Alpha; B - Bravo; C - Charlie; D - Delta; E - Echo; F - Foxtrot; G - Golf; H - Hotel; I - India; J - Juliet; K - Kilo; L - Lima; M - Mike; N - November; O - Oscar; P - Papa; Q - Quebec; R - Romeo; S - Sierra; T - Tango; U - Uniform; V - Victor; W - Whiskey; X - X-ray; Y - Yankee; Z - Zulu

So, parents and kindergarten teachers... stop teaching the kids A for Apple, B for Ball, C for... (I cant remember what C is for)

==
Remember in Friends sitcom, how Phoebe introduce herself?
"Hi! I'm Phoebe. Well, it's P as in Phoebe, H as in Hoebe, O as in Oebe, E as in Ebe, B as in Beebee, and E as in Ello there, mate!" So, hillarious!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails