Friday, April 13, 2007

Where's Your Wheelchair?

There are several spots reserved for handicapped people at my office parking. And I've never seen any of these spots vacant. Interestingly, everyday it's different cars occupying these spots, although I've seen one car occupy one of those spots 3 out of 5 working days. Conclusion: There are lots of handicapped staff working in my company.

So this morning, I got a spot in adjacent to the one reserved for handicapped. And I saw a sweet lady driving a red SUV drove her car into the parking spot. How sweet and beautiful for a handicapped lady, I was saying to myself. So, I waited to see which part of her body has dissapeared or eaten by a crocodile? Then, she came out from the car and.. there's no wheelchair, no crutches and she was walking like you and I walk. And she was smiling to herself, maybe because she got a spot close to the elevator or maybe it's just her dream to park in a reserved-for-handicapped spot and dream fulfilled today!

Being nasty on Friday, when everyone's tagline should be TGIF, I determined to spoil her day. Why not?! She could be smiling all the way to the office when a handicapped staff would be crying!! So, I walked besides her and said, "I thought that spot is for handicapped?!" She smiled at me and said, "Well, there's not many handicapped staff who work here, right?" I stared at her and said, "STUPID!" and walked away. I just don't want to walk side by side with a pretty woman or bitch with ass on her head and breasts on her knees. And it was still early with lots of parking space available.

Anyway, put that aside, read this excerpt from a real-life experience of a friend who work in Sweden...
The first time I was in Sweden, one of my colleagues picked me up at the hotel every morning. It was September, bit cold and snowy. We would arrive early at the company and he would park far away from the entrance (2000 employees drive their car to work).

The first day, I didn't say anything, either the second or third. One morning I asked, "Do you have a fixed parking space? I've noticed we park far from the entrance even when there are no other cars in the lot." To which he replied, "Since we're here early we'll have time to walk, and whoever gets in late will be late and need a place closer to the door. Don't you think?"

What would you say?

5 comments:

Fauziah Ismail said...

Parking space, you say? I even know of some people who buy cinema tickets for seats reserved for the handicapped, which are normally reserved at the back (of course, better viewing) of the theatre!
There are some very sick (in the head) people out there.

sitynuress said...

pehh... gila ganas ko!!
see u tomorow beb!!
let's have lunch!!!

nadya.s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nadya.s said...

tabik spring la kat org sweden tuh.

Slinky said...

At my office, security will issue "saman" ticket for those who park at the handicapped space. Tapi, sepatutnya, hadicapped space can be used by pregnant ladies as well lah. Kesian tgk depa jalan jauh jauh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails